Monday, January 9, 2012

Wet and Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio: Silent Treatment

After my positive experience with a Wet and Wild eyeshadow single, I decided to try out one of their much lauded Color Icon trios. I like taupe eyeshadow, and the internet is all abuzz with excellent reviews of the taupe shade in the Silent Treatment trio, so it was a no-brainer to pick up that trio first.



The trio includes a peachy pink highlight shade, a deep brown crease shade (that I actually think is dark enough to use as a liner) and a sweet, lightly frosted purple leaning taupe. The softness is incredible, especially considering the price point, and the pigmentation is, while not the best I've ever seen, assuredly above-par. Staying power is nothing spectacular on its own, but definitely workable over primer.

I LOVE the look I created using these shadows. I followed the "instructions" and used the taupe as a lid shade, whereas if left to my own devices, I'd probably have used the peach on the lid and the taupe in the crease. Turns out, I really like the slightly smokey look of a darker lid shade.




You have to assume I bought more of these shadows . . . right? And I did! And I'll review them!

No comments: