Monday, January 23, 2012

Galaxy (Nail) Quest

First blogging via iPad experience, as I'm holed up on the soda watching "choo choo train pirate" with Mr. 102 Fever Pants.

I cant even remember how galaxy nails came to my attention, but they are So! up my alley. Space, nerdiness, nails, craftiness...

I watched a great, clear video on YouTube by cutepolish, bought a few inexpensive polish shades and got cracking.

I started with a base of Orly Bonder and Sephora by OPI What's a Tire, Jack?

Next, and this was way way easy, I tore up a bit of makeup sponge and used it to dab on first a yellow (Milani Lemonjello), then a sea foam green (Spoiled Toad-ally Amazing) and a nude pink (SpoiledShow Me Some Skin). This created the base of my "nebulae".

Then I used the same sponging method to highlight with a gold (Milani Gold Dust) and blur out the nebulae edges with navy (ButterLondon Royal Navy)

Lastly, I dabbed on white stars with a white nail art pen, layered on a cost of glitter (Wet n Wild 469) and a clear topcoat.

PHEW.

Sounds way more complicated and time consuming than it was, I swear. The whole process took about 30 minutes, including dry time for the black base coat.

And just looooook at the coolness!

No comments: