Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Last Day

By this point in the trip, I'm not going to lie, we were ready to go home. Two weeks is a long time to spend away from home, especially with a wee guy in tow. Planning your own international trip with a toddler? Take note: a week would be too short, two weeks two long, 10 days sounds just about right.

We finally made it out to the Tate Modern on this day . . . Boy has been wanting to go there for THREE TRIPS now. Patient saint that he is, we thought it was high time he made it out. The first room we went into contained THIS: a two story black wall on which a crazy cool art film was being projected. We spent about half an hour trying to get Rhys to stand in the middle of the room for a photo. TIME WELL SPENT:



We followed that up with lunch (My boy. He likes fish sticks. And crayons.)



After which we saw a random bench that they Meyers fell in love with. "GUYS! This is my favorite exhibit! It speaks volumes about my existence as a baby. Really. Guys! Guys?"




Another pretty rad day!



As for the flight home . . . MEH! But we lived . . . and I'm glad for the whole thing. Glad for the photos. Glad for the memories. Glad for making my boy's world big. Glad for stamps in my toddler's passport. Glad for my little family and getting to spend two weeks just being a mom and a wife. I'd do it all over again in a heartbeat.

No comments: