Saturday, November 5, 2011

Bento Roundup (. . . and the mystery of the missing Bentos)

I'm missing a photo again! One I know I took! ARGGGG . . . ANYWAYS. Here's Monday through Thursday:

Monday
Spicy Bean Soup (broth strained off for ease of finger feeding), a hunk of white cheddar, half a parmesan and rosemary roll, clementines, blueberries, strawberries and a homemade pumpkin muffin. I had high hopes of packing a festive Halloween Bento with my new Williams Sonoma jack o lantern cookie cutting kit ($2.99 on sale the day before Halloween . . .I KNOW!), but Rhyser isn't so into sandwiches yet. Next year!

Tuesday

This was the day after Halloween and we'd gone out for pizza after Trick or Treating, so I had no leftovers. I really felt like I was phoning it in with this lunch, but in retrospect it doesn't look too bad. Mac and cheese (Easymac, made in the microwave then poured into the box), frozen peas, two Quorn nuggets, strawberries, blueberries and a cinnamon twist cookie.

Wednesday
A clementine, homemade apple cinnamon muffin, concord grapes, broccoli, zucchini cakes, baked potato cubes with butter and cheese.

Thursday
Strawberries, Halloween cookie, grapes, stir fried carrots peppers and onions, brown rice with soy sauce and tofu chunks.

Friday I am missing pictures for (!!!) but I packed wheat pasta with cheese sauce, broccoli with onions and tomatoes, zucchini cakes, and some fruity/muffiny goodness.

We're off to the UK for two weeks as of tomorrow! I've got a few posts lined up, but it'll be radio silence on the Bento front for a few weeks. Cheerio!

No comments: