Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Fun

Although it is like a bazillion degrees here in LA (actually 90 at the moment I type this, lest you think I'm exaggerating), we are fast approaching mid-October and I finally gave in and admitted that if I were to hold out for Fall weather, Rhys might not visit the pumpkin patch AT ALL this year. Since skipping it entirely would've been completely unacceptable, we trekked out there in 85-ish weather. UGH!

We had a fun day, in any event. Playing with our camera (I used two of my lenses . . . the Sigma 10 20 and Canon 50 1.8):





Rhys panned for gems:





Met a few goats (he was unimpressed):



We took a hayless hayride:



And even rode a carousel:



I'll try not to grumble too much about the weather, because really, other than the oppressive, un-festive heat it was a pretty perfect day having fun and hanging out with family. I'm just oooovvveerrrrr the high temperatures and boring old sunshine, day in and day out. I'm sure if I were further north I'd be grumbling about the oppressive never-ending rain . . . or maybe not, because I'd be happy to be wearing my rain boots every single day. I'd imagine I'd amass quite the rainboot collection, if I lived in Seattle. That actually sounds fun.

How is your Fall going so far? Does it feel like Fall to you yet?

No comments: