Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pinterest Rules My Life: Pumpkin Cream Cheese Whoopie Pies

I'm not even going to pretend that I made these using REAL pumpkin, bought at the pumpkin patch and lovingly hand cut, baked and pureed. I bought a can, like a real live working mom. It was can of organic pumpkin, at least, so two gold stars for me!

Anything pumpkin is a good time. Anything with cream cheese icing is also a good time. So, it stands to reason that these Pumpkin Cream Cheese Whoopie pies would be a REALLY good time. And they were!



I modified the recipe a tiny bit to use sugar instead of Splenda, unbleached wheat flour instead of white and olive oil instead of vegetable oil. I also halved the cream cheese icing recipe and wound up with about double the number of cookies the recipe suggested I'd have, so my pies were lightly iced inside which made them, although a tad less fun, easier and less messy to feed to mr. toddler pants.

I'd make these again in a heartbeat . . . in fact, I plan to bring them for Thanksgiving dinner this year!

Have you made any good recipes from Pinterest lately?

No comments: