Thursday, October 6, 2011

The Meyers and I Take Disneyland By Storm

It was kind of a crazy idea, but I'm glad we went for it. While my husband was in New York on business, Rhys and I went to Disneyland, just the two of us.

We checked out the Halloween decorations on Main Street:



Met Jack Skellington (Rhys was less than enthusiastic):



Posed in front of Sleeping Beauty's Castle (Speaking of, our new Sigma 10 20 is THE lens to use for taking selfies!):



We ran around Toontown:



Rhys carried his new toy hammer around for much of the day:



Saw Disney Junior Live On Stage (I won't be winning any photography awards with this shot, but just look at the expression on my boy's face as thousands of bubbles fell from the ceiling. PRICELESS!):



And when the day was almost done and Rhys was fast asleep in his Ergo, I took in the ever spectacular Haunted Mansion Holiday.



It was a bit schleppy being responsible for wearing Rhys in his Ergo, holding the diaper bag and manning the camera, I think we did well though! If I had it to do over again I'd have left our sweatshirts in the car (we didn't need them! And, if we had, we could've just bought sweatshirts in the park.) and maybe left my 50mm 1.8 lens at home (I didn't use it, but it didn't take up much space in the bag so I didn't mind terribly that I'd brought it for no reason). All things considered, I'm going to pronounce this one a resounding success, the keys to which were a) our Ergo, b) packing a light diaper bag, c) the Sigma 10 20 and d) my baby just plain being awesome.

No comments: