Thursday, October 20, 2011

Browsing

It has come to my attention of late that my eyebrows don't show up in photographs. Behold the browless wonder.

Since we'll be off to the UK in a few weeks, where a heck of a lot of photos will be taken (some of them even of me!), I figured I should remedy the brow situation. Since I'm not into the idea of dropping $50 at Sephora at the moment (see above, re: UK in a few weeks. See, also: Dollar to Pound exchange rate.), I started my brow remedy search with e.l.f. I picked up a $3 Studio Line Brow Kit in Ash (since, despite dabbling in black and fire engine red hair dye, I'm actually nearly blond naturally).



The night the kit arrived I watched a few brow plucking tutorials and had at mine with a pair of tweezers. I measured where my brows should start, end and arch and marked everything off with a pink lipliner pencil (says husband: "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO YOUR FACE?!"). In so doing, I realized that my brows were actually horribly misshapen and that I've been walking around looking like a bizarrely brow-ed troll all my life. Why hasn't anyone told me?!

ANYWAYS.

After cleaning my brows up I used the angled brush (included in the brow kit) to fill them in and encourage them into an arch with the light powder. The color is actually quite light, lighter than my brows even. This worked well though, since I was going for 'natural' and 'groomed' rather than 'painted on with a stencil and liquid eyeliner'. I used the rounded brush end to go over my powdered brows with the slightly darker brow wax and presto! I had eyebrows!

Here is what I look like first thing in the morning, no makeup (the things I do for this blog):



And here's what I look like after makeup and brow powder:



The e.l.f. Stuido Eyebrow Kit is firmly filed as a WIN as far as I'm concerned. My brows look clean, natural and well groomed without appearing fake or overdone. Worth your $3, for certain!

Do you "do" your brows? What product do you use?

No comments: