Monday, September 12, 2011

Wedding Portraits

My brother in law got married last weekend. Instead of using a bridal room for us all to get ready in, my new sister in law decided to get ready at home and arrive at the church minutes before the wedding. Because the real photographer was with the bride, when I arrived at the church early as part of the groom's party, I had a captive group of nervously excited, dressed up people with 30 minutes to kill. Guess what we did?






Here's a bonus shot of us in our finery, taken by my dad:



I was so thrilled to be able to play photographer. I'm happy with the shots, and, more importantly, my family seems to be too! All shots were taken using my 50mm 1.8 lens, no flash, inside a fairly dark church. I may have been able to do more if I'd had my tripod, reflector and a shutter release remote with me *shamefully hangs head* I honestly didn't realize I'd have such an amazing photo taking opportunity, though *kicks self* I'm going to take this opportunity to remind myself of the old Girl Scout motto . . . BE PREPARED! I have a spare tripod at home, it is going to live in the trunk of my car from now on!

No comments: