Friday, September 30, 2011

Our Halloween Library

Have I mentioned before that I love Halloween? No? Well, I LOVE IT. And I'm trying my darndest to foster a love for Halloween in Rhys as well. While I'm sure that won't be a hard sell once he gets to full on trick-or-treating, candy nomming age, for now I'm aiming to indoctrinate him with the use of a little reading material.

Our Halloween library includes:



(clockwise from top left)

Biscuit's Pet and Play Halloween - A gift from my parents last year, purchased at a time when Rhys was really into exploring textures.

The Haunted House - A book from my own childhood collection, with an audio tape included!

The Berenstain Bears Trick or Treat - A gift from Rhys' Uncle last Halloween

It's The Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown - Which I picked up for Rhys last Halloween

and

Mickey Mouse Clubhouse's Trick Or Treat (Play A Sound Book) - Which I picked up for Rhys a few months ago, since Play A Sound Books are great for keeping him occupied in the car.

I'm thinking it'd be nice to add a book or two every Halloween season. This year I've got my eye on The Haunted House (Mini House Book) by Bill Martin. It is a board book about a haunted house that is extra chunky and, when fully closed,looks like a real little haunted house. SWOON!

What are your favorite Halloween books for kids?

1 comment:

DomestiKook said...

Halloween Mice! by Bethany Roberts
Five Little Pumpkins
Goodnight Goon: A Petrifying Parody
Boo! (Halloween Glow Books)
Who's There on Halloween?

Did I ever tell you I used to manage a RightStart? I used to know the answers to all of these baby/toddler questions!