Saturday, August 13, 2011

Ulta Bonus Quad #1

Pretty, right? I love me a good smokey eye. If done in shades of grey and taupe, all the better. A little black shadow as liner, swoon!



The shades are, clockwise from the upper left: Truffle, Polished, Black Ink and Smoke. I found them to be well matched and suited to wearing together. My only complaint would be that the light color wasn't as light as I usually like to go for a base shade. I liked the two medium tones, Polished and Smoke. Polished is more mushroom while Smoke is a straight up grey. It was fun to play with blending both shades in the crease. Black Ink wasn't all that black . . . more charcoal, in my opinion. It worked just fine as a liner shade, though, regardless. There was minimal fallout and I found the color payoff to be better than the Ulta Baked eyeshadow from my last review (although still not Urban Decay caliber, but, need I remind you, we're talking about free makeup here! The color payoff was totally acceptable.)



Here's my face of the day using the quad:

Up next . . . the blue bonus quad. I'm kissing my comfort zone goodbye!

No comments: