Monday, August 29, 2011

Tarte for True Blood . . .SWOON!

Because I have the bestest husband and baby EVER, I was gifted with the following Tarte for True Blood items on my birthday (I KNOW, right?!?!):


Tarte for True Blood Limited Edition LipSurgence


A perfect, bright cherry (almost coral tinged) red in an awesome, super pigmented balm style formula. This lipstick lasts longer than most and doesn't feel at all sticky. It has a cool mint tingle and flavor. I'm not gonna lie, I kinda want one in every shade now.




And (drum roll, please) the Tarte for True Blood Limited Edition Palette







(Have you keeled over dead from the awesomeness yet?)

I'm a sucker for a good film/tv makeup tie in. I have and love the Alice in Wonderland Urban Decay palette, but I have to say, I think this Tarte has Urban Decay beat with this one. The shadows are more wearable, neutral shades (if you're into that sort of thing, and I am), the kit includes arguably the best mascara I've ever used and a stick of Tarte's famous gel eyeliner.

The kit also included instructions to replicate four looks. I went with Luminous Fairy below (worn with the True Blood lip color):



I'm loving playing with my new goodies!

2 comments:

Natalie J said...

I like that they give you "replicate the look" instructions - fun!

HollyLynne said...

Yep, four looks! Although I've had a lot of fun making up my own too.