Friday, August 5, 2011

New Sparklies

I just wanted to take a moment to say how totally pleased I am with the combo of our new Canon Rebel T3 and our Sigma 17-70 Macro lens. I don't know that I'd be 100% happy with my camera if it weren't for this lens. The kit lens was cool for the first five minutes I had it, but the Sigma blows it out of the water. The 17-70 basically never comes off the camera (unless I want to use my 50 1.8!). I wanted to avoid getting a macro lens that was a(n EXPENSIVE!) one trick pony, and the Sigma so fits the bill. It is a fantastic everyday lens, with just enough zoom to suit my purposes and a wide enough aperture opening to give me decent results on the bokeh front.

I'm still learning how to macro in manual . . . but so far? Like, whoa:





Do you DSLR? Which lens(es) do you consider to be indispensable?

2 comments:

Camels & Chocolate said...

17-85mm for an all-purpose lens, 10-20mm for cityscapes (close to a fish eye), 24-105mm for a nice bokeh/portrait shot! Sadly, I don't use my 50mm at all anymore, nor do I get much use out of my 70-300mm.

HollyLynne said...

That is awesome to know! A 10 20 is next on our list, so I guess we're on the right track!