Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Fabric Rosettes

Recently, I hosted a crafty bridal tea for my soon to be new sister in law. We ate scones, watched the royal wedding (leftover on my DVR!) and made fabric flowers finished off with barrette and brooch findings. Super fun!

I've made tons of singed edged fabric flowers, but I was itching to try something new and, having recently cleaned out all of my crafting materials, I knew I was sitting on a pretty huge stash of linen fabric. I found this tutorial for making shabby chic, rolled fabric roses and it didn't disappoint! I cranked out two roses easily (while hosting a bridal shower and minding my one year old!). If that isn't proof positive that these roses are easy and fun to make, I don't know what is! I'm already itching to make a few more:

No comments: