Monday, July 18, 2011

Pinterest Rules My Life: Newspaper Nails

I can't say for certain that the first place I saw newspaper nails was on Pinterest, but I can say that seeing them pinned up to my beauty board day in and out inspired me to get off my butt and try to replicate the look. Two gold stars, Pinterest.

I chose Fash Pack by Butter London as my base coat, thinking it'd look like old paper. Something lighter might've worked better . . . perhaps a robin's egg blue even? I dipped each nail in rubbing alcohol and then pressed a tiny bit of newsprint over each still wet nail. Then I applied a (glitter) topcoat and used nail polish remover and a q-tip to clean stray newsprint smears off of my fingers. It was a super easy and fun process . . . one I intend to repeat! Only next time I think I'll use a lighter base coat and skip the glitter top (while I love glitter, it does obscure the text more than I'd like for it to).

No comments: