Sunday, July 10, 2011

Pinterest Rules My Life: Curls Without Heat

My hair will not hold a curl. AT ALL. For example: my wedding day. Check out my hair, which was totally straight despite the fact that I spent HOURS hot rolling it, pinning the curls up to cool completely and dousing it with half a can of hairspray:


So when I saw this pin linking back to this video detailing a method for curling one's hair using only an elastic headband, I thought, "All fine and well for you, adorable Austrian girl, but this is SO NOT GOING TO work for me". Of course, being in possession of a simple elastic headband, I couldn't help but try.

Guys, meet my new favorite hairstyle:

Here's what I looked like with my hair all wrapped up for bed:



In the morning, after removing the headband I had this:



The most amazing part? My hair continued to be discernibly wavy late into the night. That and the fact that since I'm a mom, I have about 14 milliseconds to spend on my hair each morning. This style requires exactly 14 milliseconds to unwind and finger comb. Perfect.

It takes only a few minutes to do in the evening and is comfortable to sleep on to boot. It'd also be a great trick for vacation hair since all you'd need to pack is a simple elastic that you've probably got in your toiletry bag anyways for holding your hair back when you wash your face, amiright?

Try this. You won't be sorry.

1 comment:

Natalie J said...

Woman, your hair got really long! I might have to try this cus god knows my hair never behaves the way I want it to.