Thursday, July 28, 2011

Mama Approved: Shany Cosmetics Makeup Brushes


I've been kind of obsessed with makeup lately (thanks, PINTEREST), and while I own a shit-ton (real unit of measure . . . it's metric!) of makeup, I realized that the only brushes I own are ones that came with my Bare Minerals sets. While they're nice brushes, I hardly have a comprehensive set, especially not in the eyeshadow department.

I went browsing online thinking Sephora's own line of brushes would probably be affordable, but at $18-ish a pop, they cost a little more than I was looking to spend. So, I asked myself "where do all good things come from?" and the answer, of course, was the internet.

Amazon.com carries a highly rated set of 24 makeup brushes by Shany Cosmetics for $16.95. Seventy-one cents per brush.

I'll let you process that for a second.

I ordered it up and have been happily blending eyeshadows ever since. The brushes are soft and feel (in my, admittedly inexperienced, hands) to be as nice as the Bare Minerals brushes. I spotted several Amazon reviews written by makeup artists claiming to use these brushes as often as their higher end brushes . . . so I think my perception isn't that far off the mark.

These brushes are a true bargain. Highly mama approved!


Do you have a set of makeup brushes you like? Which brand are they?

No comments: