Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Double Five Strand Braided Updo

Ever since I was a teenaged figure skater, I've been big on braiding my hair. As luck would have it, french braids and accent braids are huge right now. Several months ago I realized I'd basically done all I could with basic French and Dutch braiding . . .I was on to the hard stuff: Five Strand Braids.

I watched this awesome video tutorial and, after a few practice tries, I was getting totally passable results. Once I'd mastered the skill, I tried splitting my hair down the middle and making two five strand braids, one on each side. I added a messy bun at the nape of my neck and had this:



. . . which I think is actually pretty awesome. If there's interest, I'm considering doing a step by step photo tutorial on this hairstyle. Let me know if you'd like to see one!

1 comment:

TamaliMama said...

I would love a how to video on this.. I am always looking for new ways to do my hair that is NOT a pony tail! By the way this website has some goodtutorials too!
http://www.lovemaegan.com/