Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New Camera . . . FTW!

I've got to say that prior to buying our new DSLR, I was kind of freaking out about the expense. Now that I've had it for several days my only remaining concern is that we should have bought it sooner. This camera rules.

I've gotten shots in low light that I'd never have gotten with my prior camera:


I've taken some amazing portraits of Rhys:



And of grown ups too!:


I still have a lot of learning to do . . . I'd imagine I'll never be "done" learning about this camera. I understand the three basic "things I can tinker with" . . . ISO, aperture and shutter speed. I understand what changing any of those three variables will do to a picture. The thing that is going to take years is learning how to balance those three factors in order to get the best possible result.

For now, though, I think my next lesson should be "Always wipe the baby's nose before pulling out the camera."

2 comments:

Diane said...

You are doing a fabulous job with it, and I'm envious.....our day will come :-) What's a little snot, anyway, ha ha.

DomestiKook said...

Your folks never seem to age. Even all these years later, they look the same!