Friday, June 10, 2011

Meyers Approved: Current Favorite Baby Reads

I've been reading to Rhys since he was born (honestly, I packed three baby books in my hospital bag) and he seemed to take to books pretty early on. Right after Rhys became mobile though, he lost all interest in being read to. I'd still do the reading, but instead of having him on my lap paying attention, I'd basically be reading out loud to myself while he knocked things off of the shelves on the other side of the room. Hrumph.

Rhys' interest in reading is back in these last few months, and I couldn't be happier about it! These are some of our current favorites:

The Game of Finger Worms by Herve Tullet
This book is so! much! fun! You put your fingers through holes in the book in order to animate the "worms". If I read it once, Rhys insists on hearing it at least twice more.
Also: Press Here by Herve Tullet

Dwell Studio: Good Morning, Toucan

A sweet, simple lift the flap book that we read most mornings when Rhys wakes up. Rhys gets a kick out of moving the flaps himself and I like the pretty, modern illustrations.
Also: Dwell Studio: Goodnight, Owl

Star Wars ABC

My husband is a child of the 70s, so we push the Star Wars stuff, natch. This large board book has great pictures and is Jar Jar-free!
Also: Dr. Seuss's ABC

What are your favorite baby or kids books?

No comments: