Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I Still Exist!

I swear, I do. And I'm woefully behind on blog writing / blog reading but, you guys? I am SO FREAKING HAPPY. Everything you've ever heard about parenting a new baby is 100% true: I'm exhausted, I'm usually covered in spitup and I only sometimes get to shower, It is spectacular, I'm floored by how much I love my baby, I'm totally happy to leave everything but Rhys on the backburner for the moment. He's the light of my life and I don't know how I ever got by without him. I know, this stuff sounds cliche . . . but it is so gut-wrenchingly true.

I'm giving myself a free pass for the moment . . . on blogging, on housework, on pretty much everything other than staying in bed and hanging out with my baby (which I did, gleefully, all this afternoon).

We have been having adventures, mind you, photos of which I'm posting on Flickr. I'm not taking a blog vacation or anything, I absolutely want to keep the ol' blog up and running! It is more that I'm stopping by to say I can't be trusted to keep up the running commentary at the moment and, if you'd like, catch up with us more on Flickr for the next few months.

Newest on Flickr are the photos we just took at our First! Family! Vacation! to Disneyland. Did you know Disneyland has a Baby Care Center on Main Street? During our three days there, I'd stop by the center to nurse and change Rhys. I could and did nurse him elsewhere throughout the park, but at the Baby Care Center I could nurse without covering up. On our first night there, as I nursed him, Rhys looked up and smiled at me . . . I smiled back. We were sitting there by ourselves, in a little curtained off corner of Disneyland, me half undressed, him in need of a new diaper, smiling at each other like goons. That, right there, was the happiest I've ever been at the happiest place on earth.

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Glad to hear that you're so happy! Congrats again!

Amy said...

Yeah, I just teared up twice while reading this! I CANNOT WAIT to be at this place:

"He's the light of my life and I don't know how I ever got by without him."

I'm so happy for you! Don't you worry about us or your blog - this is YOUR time!