Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekenderies

So! Still pregnant!

We spent Saturday morning signing the closing papers on our condo refi (FTW!) then running errands in preparation for the BBQ we hosted Saturday evening for my parents, Boy's mom and siblings. Yep . . . dinner for 8 at our place a week before my due date. I made it through alive, albeit relying heavily on paper plates and at least half the food being brought by others. A good time was had by all.

Boy and I finally bought a new chair for our deck (the ones we had last summer from CB2 didn't survive the winter, so we've been chairless up there ever since) (For the record, CB2 took them back and gave us 100% store credit without a receipt and almost 8 months after our purchase). We went back and forth a zillion times on what we wanted chair wise up there . . . I wanted two rocking chairs like these from Ikea but Boy (probably rightfully so) disagreed thinking that they'd be noisy in the wind (the deck is right over our bedroom). We liked a few wicker options but were apprehensive since the CB2 wicker chairs didn't hold up. We finally decided on (one) classic Adirondack chair w/ footstool from Cost Plus.

Here's Bean posing with our new chair:



On Sunday we did an Ikea run. I'd wanted to make something from this fantastic Ikea fabric ever since seeing this post on OhDeeDoh. I told Boy all about it claiming it had "Matterhorns! And YETIS!", which, obvs, he was TOTES in to. We finally found it and I realized that by "yetis" of course I meant "goats". Boy asked me where the Yetis were and I told him I must have imagined them which became our catchphrase for the rest of the weekend: "Oh, the yetis? I must've made those up."

Evem yeti-less, I think our new floor pillows are pretty rad:

9 comments:

Domesticrazy said...

Extremely rad! You are rocking this pregnant thing, my friend. I hope your labor is easy, natural and soon. We are keeping you in our thoughts and a candle lit until we see the "Here he is!" post.

And you now officially have full legal rights to kick and / or throw things at anyone who asks you annoying questions or mentions that you are still pregnant. It's in the code!

Nutsy Coco said...

Cute pillows!

One of my coworkers had a baby this time last year and she was ridiculously late. I hope that isn't you because she was T-I-R-E-D of being pregnant by the end. Good luck!

Camels & Chocolate said...

So um, clearly I picked a horrible time for my next trip to LA as I'll be there next week! While you're likely in labor! No dual Disney trips for these gals...next time? =)

Krameymartin said...

LOVE those pillows!

Meaghan said...

Your pillows are so cute! It reminds me that I need to make/buy some pillow covers too!

Amy said...

Good Lord, you look adorable. HEY BEAN, hurry up and come out & see how cute your mom is! ;o)

LOVE the pillows...what a fun print!

Jane said...

Love that fabric! Laughing at the made up Yetis. That is something I would do too. Yeti/goat easy mistake!

Sarah said...

I have those rocking chairs from Ikea and I must say that they ROCK. Not really noisy at all, although they aren't sitting above my bedroom in the wind. =]

Sarah said...

Um. Clarification. They rock as in they're awesome. haha

No pun intended, really.