Friday, April 16, 2010

OhDeeDoh! OMG!!!

I got word that Bean's room was going to be featured on OhDeeDoh yeserday morning and proceeded to a) call my husband SO EXCITED that he thought I was in laobr, b) call my mother SO EXCITED that she too thought I was in labor, and c) debate whether or not I wanted to be "that chick" on Twitter and Facebook claiming BIG NEWS but then refusing to say WHAT until the room was posted.

I managed to hold off on the whole claiming big news thing.

The feature went up later that afternoon and Boy and I couldn't be more proud!



We keep telling the Bean that his room has been featured on a DESIGN BLOG so it is more or less time for him to join the world and see it in person. Also, judging by the spleen jabs I've been getting lately, it is getting kind of cramped in there . . . so we've been trying to lure him out by explaining that space on the outside is actually infinite. I'll admit that we secretly hope he's picking up a physics concept with the whole "space being infinite" thing.

Mind you, I've never done this whole baby having thing before, but he doesn't SEEM to be making any moves quite yet. I have plenty of Braxton Hicks contractions . . . usually towards the end of the work day which makes me think being tired triggers them. They aren't painful though, and they don't come in any sort of pattern.

Part of me thinks he just might not be done cooking yet . . . which makes me thankful that I've found an OB who is willing to let me go into labor even though we all know I'll almost certainly end up with a csection. The only thing I know for sure is that he is his OWN BEAN and he'll come when he damn well pleases. I've given up trying to pin him down!

So maybe I'll be blogging as usual next week . . . or maybe my husband will be posting a baby picture. We'll just have to wait and see!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I'm still so excited for you that Bean's room was featured! Pretty sure I gasped when I saw that tweet, since I gape at OhDeeDoh often for inspiration (not like I'll ever be able to deliver the way you did, but ah well)!

As for Bean and his appearance, he'll come when he is ready. I think it's great you are going to give labor a shot, though, despite the disappointment that it might end up being a needed c-section anyway. You are such a great inspiration for me, since I'd totally make the same decision. I hope you start getting REAL contractions soon! Good luck!

Wendy, Los Angeles said...

Congrats. fantastic!!