Friday, March 19, 2010

Hospital Bags

So! I packed them the other night!

EEP!


Bean's Diaper Bag:


Baby hairbrush and comb (I don't even know if he has hair!)
3 diapers
Small pack of wipes
Changing pad
2 burpies
A cloth diaper
A nursing drape
2 flannel receiving blankets
2 pairs of socks
2 0-3 month white tee shirts
3 pairs of 0-3 months sweatpants (Each pair goes with a different top. Shut up.)
1 0-3 month airplane hoodie
1 0-3 month star wars onesie
1 0-3 month guitar shirt
1 newborn footie sleeper
2 hats
[NOTE: I cannot be talked out of bringing this many clothes. Don't bother trying.]

My bag:

2 pairs of PJ pants (I'm holding out hope they'll let me wear them to walk the halls while I'm in labor. If you know otherwise, LA LA LA LA LA I'M NOT LISTENING.)
2 big t shirts
2 nursing tanks
2 hoodies
1 robe
4 pairs of socks
Lots of underwear (that I wouldn't care if I had to toss)
Flip flops
Slippers
Uggs
Going home outfit (Black drawstring cargo pants and a drapey top)
Belly Bandit
Hairdryer
Toiletries
Lansinoh
Breast Pump (I'm hoping the lactation consultants can show me how to use it, and they sell Medela parts at the hospital in case I need to be fitted . . . right? Sensible? Or totally unnecessary to bring?)
Bag of labor things (tennis balls, gum, mints, hard candy, lotion, gatorade mix packets, mini fan, ipod and ipod speakers, lip balm)
Cameras, batteries, memory cards, video camera, chargers, cell phones, laptop . . . OBVIOUSLY

Big ass things that won't fit into bags but we're bringing anyways:

Boppy
Exercise Ball
Pregnancy pillow

Also: Carseat, husband, husband's overnight bag.

So . . . what am I forgetting?

5 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

The kitchen sink? ;)

Domesticrazy said...

Yep. You'll need that sink. Also, a snack for after bean is born. You'll want one!

HollyLynne said...

Snack! Good call . . . I do have some Cliff and Luna bars in there.
Sink, maybe not so much :)

sandy said...

Did you ever think of using a Nursing Bra Tank? I see that you plan to nurse, they are a wonderful option if you will be exclusively breastfeeding your baby.

Good luck on the delivery!

TamaliMama said...

Sounds like you thought of everything. I would reccomend a book or magazine for after when you are hanging out and feeding baby. Good luck. p.s laughing gas helps!