Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Beanages Likes Pirates

So my third trimester is REALLY stressing my poor husband out. First there's how Bean kicks me SO! HARD! sometimes that I gasp and double over. Then there's how I've been getting leg cramps in the middle of the night that send me hurling out of bed shrieking. And both types of incident, naturally, cause my poor, nervy husband to think I've gone into premature labor.

I'm not going to lie: it is kind of cute.

All is still more or less well in pregnancy land. I've had a few aches and pains . . . in my rib cage, notably, where the pressure from having Bean crammed up in there makes me feel like I've been socked. My hips get pretty uncomfortable when I sleep on my side now that I've got 30-some-odd extra pounds all in their general vicinity. It hasn't been anything that yoga and a fortress of pillows can't help though.

I've developed the disturbing habit of puking a little almost every time I bend over at the waist which is . . . well, it kind of sucks to be honest. My heartburn, however, seems to have calmed down considerably and if a little gagging is the trade off I think that's reasonably fair.

My bellybutton looks like a cat butt. Also, disturbing, but nothing I can't cope with for a few more months. (It'll go back, right? PLEASE TELL ME IT WILL GO BACK!)

As lists of complaints go I'd say mine is fairly short and manageable. Especially when you consider all of the AWESOME things that go along with pregnancy such as: Not having to suck my stomach in! Being offered cuts in bathroom lines! And, the ever popular, getting a BABY in just 12 short weeks (or so)!

Seriously, guys? There is going to be a BABY. Our own personal baby. We totally can't wait.



Boy and I went up to Disneyland this weekend and stayed over at the Howard Johnson again. We had a great coupon for Pirates' Dinner Adventure so we went for it on Saturday night, despite the show having less than stellar reviews. It turned out to be a fantastically fun night . . . don't go expecting fine dining or anything but the show and set were awesome and we had a great time. We finished up the night with drinks (chocolates for me) at the Grand Californian hotel with Boy's sister and her boyfriend, who also happened to be staying over in Anaheim for the weekend, then spent Sunday at Disneyland.

For those of you keeping count, that was the TENTH trip I've taken on my free annual pass. AM DISNEY MACHINE!

8 comments:

Krameymartin said...

SO jealous! I love Disneyland. We need to visit, it's final.

Krameymartin said...

Also, YAY for Bean! And thanks for being so positive about pregnancy. I'm so tired of getting freaked out everytime I read about having a baby.

HollyLynne said...

YES! You do need to visit!!!

As for pregnancy, everyone is different I suppose. And there are a handful of weird, sucky things that go along w/ making a baby. On the whole though it has been totally manageable. I mean, yeah, things are ODD . . . but I'm pregnant, not an invalid. Life has continued more or less as normal, with a few tweaks here and there.

Nutsy Coco said...

My hubby's in a Anaheim for a conference right now and said he can here people screaming on rides as he walks to it and heard the fireworks in his room last night.

I'm happy to hear your pregnancy's going so well. Some things definitely suck (the gagging comes to mind!) but at least you aren't bedridden or anything awful like that.

Jennie said...

AM DISNEY MACHINED needs to be embroidered on a onesie for Bean :)

Liz said...

The bellybutton does go back (more or less) pretty quick...mine's about back to normal now, 4 months post-baby.

Hubby and I felt the same way about the whole "there's gonna be a BABY..." thing...a little freaked out at the prospect of being responsible for our own little human, but totally stoked at the idea of procreating!

I very much enjoyed Pirates' Dinner Adventure; I went to the Western-themed dinner theater that was there before, and while the food was a little better, the show wasn't quite as fun.

Also, I totally agree that AM DISNEY MACHINE needs to be a onesie.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brenda said...

And the leg cramps ya. had them and the heartburn. Those were the two indicators that I was pregnant. The leg cramps will go away.