Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Checking things off the 2010 list

New carpet!!! We had it installed on Friday and although it was kind of like MOVING and ergo, sort of a nightmare, I can't even imagine what it would've been like had we gone with Lowes or Home Depot over a small, carpet only store. Or what it would've been like without Boy's dad to help us move the furniture out of the bedrooms on Thursday night. Or without my parents to help us put together Bean's furniture and finish off a slew of other errands on Sunday.

End result: We did most certainly work our arses off ALL weekend. And when I say "all weekend" I mean from about 10am till 10 or 11pm EVERY SINGLE DAY FOR FOUR DAYS (I am counting Friday, in which we also went to "work" work). HOWEVER, least I sound bitter, we DID get almost every single thing we wanted to accomplish checked off the list.

Carpet install, CHECK!



Cleaning out the closets, CHECK!



Building Bean's furniture, CHECK!



Sorting through my baby books for the Bean, CHECK!



Putting up shelves in Bean's room, CHECK!



Finding a great fabric and covering the pillow on Bean's chair, CHECK!



FINALLY finding a new lamp and mirror for our bedroom and thusly CROSSING OFF a big item on my 2010 list ("Rearrange and add pieces to Boy and my bedroom until it no longer resembles a catch all filled with half-assed things we each had before we got married"), big fat THRILLED CHECK!!!



No, seriously, with the bedroom. I am THRILLED with it!



We also managed to find frames for some things we'd been meaning to put up for ages, clean out my dresser drawers and make a Goodwill run, try a new (and AWESOME!) Smitten Kitchen recipe, make a slew of new items for the old shop (that part admittedly was just me) AND clear our DVR backlog of new Project Runway and Big Love episodes.

HOORAY!!!

In other news:

- I woke up around 5 this morning to Bean hiccuping. He went on for about 10 minutes, then got so ticked off that he thrashed around like a little crazy person. He SO takes after his mama.

- LA is currently under a tornado warning. QUICK! Tornado belt peeps! What does one do in the event of a tornado? Instinct would drive us all to duck under our desks a la earthquake, I'm sure . . . but would that be a good plan?

- Preggo brain! I make myself a cup of (decaf) tea in a commuter mug with milk and sugar every morning. The other day I got home and opened the mug to toss my teabag before putting it in the dishwasher. No teabag. I drank the whole mug that morning too. With no tea in it. Just water, milk and sugar. AND I NOTICED NOTHING AMISS.

8 comments:

Diane said...

Either that, or perhaps you drank the teabag?

Krameymartin said...

Your bedroom looks amazing! And I LOVE Bean's room!

Nutsy Coco said...

Congrats on getting so much done! It looks great and even though it was a lot of work, I'm sure it feels awesome to cross all those things off your list.

Tornadoes - go to the lowest point, interior room with no windows if you have one. Typically a bathroom. Next best is the room with the least windows.

That's really funny about your tea!

Jane said...

Do I see you framing vintage kids records for Bean?! Love that idea!!

Crazy love his huge book collection too. Way to go Mama!

Domesticrazy said...

Tornado advice is right on. I love to say "tea bag" but I am a 14 year old boy on the inside. Also, that story is hilarious. At least you didn't go to work with no pants on.

I loved the hiccuping! I don't miss it, however.

You guys are so busy! It looks great. And I can tell by that book pile that you two are going to be awesome parents!

HollyLynne said...

Yeah, I did catch the over-use of the word "teabag". After I hit post :)

Jane, they ARE vintage records! Between Boy and my collections we had a ton of super cute ones. I can't wait to put them up!

And I'm so thrilled about the books too. Not only do we have, like, a HUNDRED! They're all the ones I remember reading as a kid. I can't wait to read them to him!! (In fact, I haven't waited. I read to him already :))

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Wendy, Los Angeles said...

Holly, everything looks really nice. You all obviously worked extremely hard. Friends of mine just had their first baby, a girl, and named her "Emree". (I know you are having a boy, just wanted to share cute-baby-name).