Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Bits for Bean

Now that the majority of the "big stuff" (carpet, paint, furniture) is out of the way, Boy and I have been focusing on the details we had planned for Bean's room. We've already finished up projects like wallpapering the back of Bean's bookcase, painting my old side table orange, covering a pillow with dinosaur print fabric for Bean's chair and installing shelves for some of his toys.

This past weekend, we added two really small details that I'm totally excited about.

We found silhouette cutouts done of Boy and I when we were toddlers, scanned them and cleaned them up a bit and framed them together:



And, we found a use for the hook we had coming out of Bean's ceiling:



I love how these fun little details are adding so much personality to the room. I know, I keep saying it, but we're getting there! The room is close to done and I can't wait to see it once it is :)

4 comments:

Krameymartin said...

I know I've said it a million times, but I just LOVE it.

Nutsy Coco said...

It's looking great and I'm sure it'll look fantastic in the end. I love the silhouettes!

Liz said...

I love the disco ball!

Anonymous said...

Thank you :) check out this emo boy one at this blog:
http://emo--boys.blogspot.com