Thursday, December 3, 2009

Thanksgiving Festivities

So much with the festive, right?! I had a marathon of a Thanksgiving weekend.

My husband's mom was in town and we had the big meal on Thursday at my brother in law's house with my parents, both of my husband's and both of his siblings:



On Friday I started off the day with Smitten Kitchen's Pumpkin Waffles which were DIVINE and adored by all SEVEN PEOPLE who I made them for (except for my dad who suddenly and inexplicably won't touch pumpkin). Then, on my suggestion, we dragged everyone out to Hollywood to see Disney's A Christmas Carol in 3D at the El Capitan. FORTUNATLEY, for me who suggested the outing, the movie was spectacular. Far darker and more interesting than I'd hoped it would be and seeing it in such a huge, historic theater was tons of fun.

Saturday! I had a craft day planned with my sister in law and mother in law. My SIL and I worked on makeup bags, earrings and flower pins as holiday gifts for our friends while my MIL worked on a stocking for me to match the one she made for my Boy when he was small (awwww, right?!). I had both of my sewing machines out in the living room, the ironing board set up by the big window and blankets on the floor for us to sit on while cutting the PILES and SCADS of fabric and ribbon strewn around the room. We made a HUGE mess and had a TON of fun. Also ate the better part of a box of Peppermint Jo Jo's and watched Elf, which contributed tremendously to the PARTY! atmosphere.


Regular readers can probably guess what we did on Sunday. YEP, Disneyland. We went with my MIL, SIL and her boyfriend and a great time was had by all. We hit up all the usual suspects: Small World Holiday, Pirates, Mansion, Star Tours (preggo sat that one out), Peter Pan, the train and ASTRO BLASTERS on which I achieved the following astounding, and let's be honest, FREAKISH feat:


Boy and I are going back to Disneyland this Sunday so WE'LL SEE whether that score was a fluke (and I highly, highly doubt it wasn't). Meanwhile, I'm looking for a frame to put the photo up in the condo, obvs.

Hope your Thanksgiving was festive and fun!

2 comments:

Jane said...

PEPPERMENT JO JOS!!! To think, I hadn't remembered 'tis the season. I have such a huge craving right. now.

Oh, and I love that your condo looked like my living room- a big crafty convention!

Nutsy Coco said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend, especially the craft convention on Sat while watching Elf. My favorite Christmas movie!