Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Like I won the freaking lottery

So, yes, yes, I'll go over Thanksgiving and the myriad of fun things we did, but MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THINGS HAVE HAPPENED in the time between my last post and now, so I'll start with them:

MY BABY BEAN IS A BOY!!!


A perfectly formed, perfectly sized and perfectly adorable little boy.

And you know what else? I can feel him kicking. I felt the first kicks last Monday morning while still in bed. I didn't want to say anything right away because it isn't like I've got lots of experience in the baby kicks department, but I felt one little tap on my left side, followed by two more quick taps and I was pretty darn sure they were Bean related.

I had been waiting to feel the "fluttering" everyone describes and honestly? Never did. I felt kicks. Then on Thanksgiving day, at dinner, Beanages started up kicking again and my mom just happened to be sitting next to me so I grabbed her hand and SHE FELT HIM TOO! Over the next few hours and days, Boy felt him (has a few times now!) as did my mother in law and sister in law.

I felt Bean banging around in there before my big ultrasound yesterday, and when the doctor commented on how active Bean was it was a nice confirmation for me that, YES! I have been feeling movement!

We saw a few somersaults, a lot of hand waving, and, you know, THE GOODS. Which were definitively BOY SHAPED. He also did a fair bit of grimacing and wiggling away from the ultrasound wand. Methinks he isn't a big fan of being poked and looked at.

Things have been crazy good lately. My baby is healthy, I'm feeling great. My husband has been a true champ and has reminded me more or less daily why I married him. My Etsy shop has been doing spectacularly and I'm trucking right towards my 1,000th sale (hoping that will happen by year's end!). There's the small matter of how sometimes when I sneeze I pee . . . but that's a minor inconvenience in the face of so much HAPPY. Things are good . . . really, really good.

9 comments:

Krameymartin said...

SO excited for you!!!!!

Nutsy Coco said...

Congrats!! You were right that Bean's a boy :)

HollyLynne said...

Thanks guys! Nutsy, I NEVER would've lived it down if he'd been a girl. I've been kind of quiet about it on the blog, but I've been adamant about him being a boy from the get go. People would ask and I'd tell them boy . . . without mentioning that I hadn't had the ultrasound yet!

Swistle said...

Yay for boys! Boys are wonderful!

Swistle said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
merrymishaps said...

Yay! Congrats :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Holly! A little boy! Boys are so sweet and adorable! You are very blessed. Best to you and DH and to little Bean Boy! - Kimberly

She Likes Purple said...

Boys really are so much fun. Ooooh, you're going to have so much fun!

Can't wait to hear what you name the little guy.

Domesticrazy said...

Yay! Kicks and boys and all your good stuff, I'm happy for and with you!