Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Bits

Today, there will be bullet points.

But sharpen up your pitchforks, ladies, because tomorrow it is going to GO OFF. I'm working on a post about natural childbirth. YOU'RE WELCOME FOR THE WARNING. I've been reading a lot about it and I've formed a few opinions and I'm going to express them, right here on this blog. I'll be jumping into the deep end of the pool, so to speak . . . as I know this is one of those hot button topics, like vaccines! And breastfeeding! And going back to work!(PS: I have opinions on all those things too. My little blog is growing up! It just may stir up some controversy after all.)

Today, however, I'm going to keep it light around here:

* I'm doing a giveaway via StyleLush! Head over there to enter to win a free pair of coin earrings or a free coin bracelet . . . winner's choice!

* Last night, because I am fourteen inside, I went to Bath and Body Works to buy a stash of their new Twilight Woods stuff. Yes, because it has the word "Twilight" in the name. SHUT UP! I tried their new Winter Formula Shower Mousse, which is nice and a fun alternative to soap, but nothing groundbreaking in my opinion. I also got a tube of their newly reformulated Body Cream, which I have to say kinda blew my mind. I love how Bath and Body Works creams smell (you don't even need perfume!) but they've always been kind of irritating and not the most moisturizing thing out there. This new formula is actually a huge improvement. It contains some of the same ingredients (milk proteins, for one) that are in my favorite splurge body cream and, while it isn't quite as good as the splurge, it is a reasonable alternative for everyday. So, consider this a good ol' virtual pat on the back for B&BW! Well done, guys.

* I posted this on Flickr as well, but in case anyone didn't see it there, I thought I'd post it here too. I'd hate for anyone to miss THREE MINUTE MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE CAKE. Yep. Seriously. I printed the recipe ages ago and had it tucked in the back of my recipe binder thinking I'd NEVER try it because, seriously, like that bs is going to work, right? Then one day last week I went to the bank and there were photos of CAKE everywhere. Then my husband IM-ed me that they were having CAKE at his office for someone's birthday. And did you guys catch the part about how I'm pregnant? I wanted cake so badly I could've ripped my eyeballs out. I pulled out the recipe and to my shock and delight, a few minutes later I was eating gooey chocolate cake. Recipe reprinted below (I want to give credit where it is due, but I can't find the link where I originally printed it from! The same recipe can be found here.)

1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour (plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil (I used canola)
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (the recipe says optional, but DO THIS! They get all gooey and melty and fantastic.)
Small splash of vanilla

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well.
Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.

Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed! (Or, just use a really big mug like I did)

Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

So, who's having cake tonight?

5 comments:

Krameymartin said...

I'm so excited for New Moon. Totally checking the blogs daily for new news. NERD ALERT.

Nutsy Coco said...

Yum! I think I came across that recipe before too or one like it and thought it was a bunch of crap. Definitely will be trying it out!

Jennie said...

We're crazy lucky to have you host a giveaway on our site. Thanks, lady!

Jane said...

Yummy! Crazy yummy! I have to abstain tonight due to a little too much Halloween candy today. Sorry to say. Bookmarked it for tomorrow night tho! Looking forward to your opinionated parenting posts. I always enjoy all the different views out there.

merrymishaps said...

Cocoa and chocolate chips are now on my shopping list :)