Tuesday, October 27, 2009

We Went Somewhere (Hint: Not Disneyland)


Boy's dad owns a piece of property in the mountains of Tehachapi, about an hour and a half drive from Los Angeles. It FEELS however, as though it were a MILLION AND A HALF hours from LA. There are trees and clear air and at night we could see SO MANY STARS. Like, woah, with the stars.

We went up there on Saturday and did a little (very light) hiking, cut some fire wood to bring home (Boy and his dad did, I "supervised") and messed around a little with Boy's dad's night vision (!) scope on our way home.

We also found time to take a shot of teh belleh, which is expanding at a mind boggling pace.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Great belly shot! Isn't it amazing how a little nature outside of LA feels like a another world? We always say that of Ojai.

Camels & Chocolate said...

Wait, you're pregnant??? When did this happen? How did I miss it? (In all fairness, I'm still about 400 behind in my Reader from my last assignment away.)

I swear, I leave the country for a few weeks, you get knocked up, Rhi and others get engaged, another handful of NYC friends get laid off (not so happy news)--I should really stop going anywhere!

Uh, what I mean is CONGRATS!

Nutsy Coco said...

Sounds like fun!

HollyLynne said...

Jane, we haven't been to Ojai, but I hear it is gorgeous!

Camels, you can't stop going places, it is YOUR JOB! :)