Thursday, October 15, 2009

Waffles: NOM!

When I registered for a waffle maker for our wedding, Boy mocked me. Oh! How he mocked me! He figured that it'd be hard to use, hard to clean, and just not something we'd ever pull out of the cupboard.

WELL, GUESS WHAT?

Turns out, I make a mean blueberry waffle. And the whole waffles from scratch deal takes LESS time than my standard eggs and potatoes weekend brekkie. Seriously, guys. 15 minutes TOPS, here. I use the recipe that came with my waffle maker (all standard ingredients we have on hand anyways: flour, milk, egg, salt, sugar, baking powder) and augment it by tossing in a handful of frozen blueberries.

It also turns out that homemade blueberry waffles look pretty dope on my Spode Blue Italian dinner plates.

NOM!

3 comments:

ReFabulous said...

Delish... I'm hungry now.

Nutsy Coco said...

Yum! I agree, very easy to use.

Domesticrazy said...

Hooray for waffle makers! I love waffles,and they DO look stunning on your plates.