Friday, October 30, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!


So I'm decked out today in my FIVE DOLLAR Sookie Stackhouse costume. You heard me right!

Jeans and Sneakers: Already had, obvi.
White Tee from Forever 21: $3.50
Iron on transfer paper: Had in my stash already
Green fabric for apron: 1/4 yard at 4.99 a yard, $1.25
Green thread and ribbon to make apron: Already in my stash
Fake Blood: $1.99 at Target, BUT THEY FORGOT TO RING IT UP! So, free!

So far only ONE person at work has guessed who I am (WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?! WHAT DO YOU ALL DO ON SUNDAY NIGHT?!), but whatevs. I LIKE my costume, so there :)

Last night Boy and I made Jack Skellington cupcakes. I made a double batch of my usual chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing. We (and by "we" I mean "BOY BY HIMSELF") decorated the cupcakes with black glitter icing to look like Jack Skellington. DOPE! They came out adorably and I'm so happy to have figured out my husband has mad cake decorating skills. We had so much fun doing these together! We ended up with 3 dozen cupcakes . . . 12 for my office, 12 for his and 12 for an event this weekend.

So, in related and probably obvious news, that mythical second trimester burst of energy has ACTUALLY HAPPENED TO ME, OMG, HOORAY! I have a mental to do list every night, which I almost never get all the way through. Here is an sample list:

1. Tell husband X, Y and Z stories from the day
2. Do 40 minutes of yoga
3. Bubble bath! Read!
4. Make something nice for dinner
5. Watch Colbert and Daily Show with husband
6. Oxidize a pile of metal findings
7. Make 10 pieces for the ol' shop
8. Read more!

My lists are AMBITIOUS, YO! Let's also consider that I'm not home from work until 6:45 or 7. So we're talking dinner around 9pm and the rest after. Just a few weeks ago, when I was only making it awake until 10:30 every night, you can imagine how far down my lists I'd get. I was lucky to fit in dinner before passing out. During this last week I've managed to finish EVERY SINGLE THING on my list each night. Including really ambitious stuff like "Silversmith and wrap a friend's birthday present", "Try out my new metal stamping tools" and "End the night by watching The Great Pumpkin whilst eating popcorn".

SERIOUSLY, you guys, I would be quite happy to remain 3 1/2 months pregnant FOREVER. Except for the part where, you know, I do want to meet Bean eventually. And dress him up in silly hats. And nosh on his baby chub. And all that :)

4 comments:

Camels & Chocolate said...

GIMME A CUPCAKE!

organicstills said...

I hope you're taking the opportunity to imitate some crazy Southern accent. Perhaps that might give your clueless co-workers a clue as to who you are.

Krameymartin said...

Such a cute costume and those cupcakes look DELISH.

Nutsy Coco said...

Those cupcakes are adorable!! Way to go boy :)