Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Halloween Time!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE FREAKING LOVE HALLOWEEN. It isn't like I get dressed up or anything. Or like we get trick or treaters at the condo (Third floor. Gated. Meh.) Or even like I throw or go to a big party every year. I just LOVE the spooky atmosphere and decorations and the fact that the entire month of October revolves around the eating of CANDY.

If I had it my way, the entire condo would be decked out in fake spider webs, ghost window decals and audio-anamatronic candy bowls right about now. HOWEVER. In an effort to keep Boy from going insane I've kept the decorations to a minumum:

Our baby albino pumpkin, Jack (as in Skellington, not O' Lantern)!

A pumpkin bucket full of Nerds!

And, arguably the best purchase I've EVER made at Target, a portrait of Queen Elizabeth . . .

. . . that becomes skeletal when viewed at an angle and which has CREEPY MUSIC and RED LIGHT UP EYES. (I believe Boy thinks we'll be taking this down after Halloween. Internet, he is mistaken.) (Video, sideways because I thought I'd be able to rotate it, hrumph, HERE.)


We also made a little addition to our DVD collection and I've been eyeing a few cupcake projects on Disney's website to make and bring to work on the 30th.

FUN! What are you doing to get into the Halloween spirit?

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

I love Halloween too! I haven't done much decorating yet, but have a few things out. I think this year needs to include some pumpkin carving too!

ReFabulous said...

THAT is the scariest picture I have ever seen. I'm still trying to process.....

No real Halloween fun for us this year. I think we'll be moving around that time. But to a new-to-us house -- our first home purchase! And that's been plenty scary. And exciting. And dealing with some witches. So it's in the Halloween spirit, right?