Thursday, October 8, 2009

Firing up the ol' hooks

I haven't crocheted anything in eons. Seriously? Like, months and months and months. Over the weekend, though, while flipping through my new Lucky magazine, I saw this:



And, well, CLEARLY, I need that scarf. I need the jacket too, something fierce. But I'll start with the scarf.

So I dusted the cobwebs off of my yarn stash and found this:



Whereas it wasn't exactly black cashmere or alpaca, it WAS fresh off the boat from Ireland (well, my parents picked it up for me in Blarney about 3 years ago) and it is for sure the skein in my collection I've most been wanting to make something special out of.

I flipped through my stitch pattern book and found a spiderweb stitch, which, while it bears no relation whatsoever to the stitch pictured in Lucky, is a SPIDERWEB STITCH and in my current Halloween / Haunted Mansion obsessed state of mind I decided I MUST! TRY!



So, I'm about 3 pattern repeats in and actually really proud of myself for plowing through a complicated stitch pattern after a long crochet hiatus. And if I pull this scarf off? I'm going to get me some nice black cashmere to make another!

5 comments:

Kathy said...

Looks good! I love crochet :) I have 5 projects on the go at the moment, including one I'm making up... which I think you might like cos it is inspired by spiderwebs! Have fun making the scarf!

Diane said...

I know it seems ages ago, but it was actually only two years ago we were in Blarney. This is looking so pretty I wish I'd bought more of that yarn and then you'd have enough to make a pretty spiderweb scarf for me, too!! (hint, hint, Xmas is coming).

Nutsy Coco said...

It looks great! I love the spiderweb stitch. Makes me want to pick up my crochet hooks too but that would probably lead to MUCH frustration and cursing.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.