Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reuseable Makeup Remover Pads


I noticed this neat project at Out of the Crayon Box a few months ago and it has been on my to-do list ever since. I've always felt crummy about tossing cotton balls every night when I take off my makeup . . . I tried washcloths for a while but leaving a wet washcloth out in the bathroom for a day then wiping my EYEBALLS with it seemed like asking for trouble. These handmade mini pads are a great middle ground: they're small enough to use once then toss in the wash and sturdy enough to last for several months.

Plus? I made them in PIRATE FABRIC. A little pirate awesomeness injected into my everyday routine. Now that is pretty cool.

The fabric was a Joann's find. There are a slew of fun flannel prints at most Joann stores, one sale over the weekend for $5.99 at my local shop. From 1/4 of a yard, I was able to make 10 makeup pads. The whole project took about 30 minutes . . . cheap and quick! I dare say, even quicker and cheaper than running to the drugstore for cotton balls.

So far the pads have been working out really well. They're softer on my eyes than cotton and they do a great job of wiping up all my makeup. I'm thinking they might make neat holiday gifts as well: A set of 10 or so packed up in a mesh laundry bag for washing with a jar of Ponds cold cream.

3 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Love the fabric!

Jane said...

Yea! I still love mine and they wash up so well. I was thinking of getting a cute apothecary type jar to package some in as a gift for my sil.

SLynnRo said...

Cool find.