Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Nothing Revolutionary . . .


. . . but I picked up some wider ribbon end clamps at Fire Mountain Gems the other day so that I could make my Portrait Pearl style necklaces with wider ribbons.

I would have loved to find some posh, hand dyed silk ribbons. I know I can get those at F&S Fabrics near my office, but it was the weekend and Joann's was closer. (<- Lazy Etsyian!)

I picked up a wide pearl grey satin, a spool of red plaid ribbon (LOVE!) and a length of black lace and made them all up into necklaces on Sunday. I'm not 100% convinced that I love them though. Blogfriends: What do you think?

2 comments:

Meaghan said...

I like the wide ribbon!

Nutsy Coco said...

I think that's a matter of personal taste and you'll appeal to someone either way. I prefer the narrower ribbon, but I don't think the wide looks bad.