Thursday, September 10, 2009

Clinique Bonus!


I love a good makeup bonus . . . and it has been quite a while since I've come across one as good as the Clinique bonus going on at Bloomingdales right now. It is seriously HUGE. I don't know if its technically bigger than the usual bonus, or if it just seems bigger because it is completely lacking in the filler department (dumb yellow moisturizer, I AM LOOKING AT YOU!). Even the bag is totally adorable and usable.

To get the bonus, I bought a Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in Absolute Acai. The gloss is super moisturizing and really shiny, even when I apply it in a thin, non gloppy coat. I also bought a Quick Eyes Cream Shadow in Muffin. Back in the day, Clinique Quick Eyes was a lipstick like twist up tube of cream shadow. There was a color called Coffee something . . . a medium brown that made blue eyes totally pop. It was MAGICAL. And I am gutted that they've discontinued it. The new Quick Eyes is nice in that it lasts much, much longer than the old stuff used to, but I still miss my old favorite color!

The bonus itself is packed to the gills with good bits:

- A sample of 7 Day Scrub

- A little tube of Even Better Skin Tone Corrector, which at first use is a really fantastic, smoothing serum. I'm going to keep using it for a few days before I decide whether I love it or not, but so far so good!

- A mini Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy Blush, Having dry skin, I'm a sucker for cream blush. The color of this one is sheer and blends beautifully.

- A Color Surge Eyeshadow duo in Pink Slate, pretty much my all time favorite powder shadow. This formula lasts for eons and has just the right amount of shimmer.

- Long Lasting Glosswear SPF 15 in Tenderheart, which I found surprisingly, but not unpleasantly, opaque. And which gets bonus points for having SPF!

- Lipstick in Blushing Nude, which, when I do wear lipstick, is exactly the shade I'd want to wear. Clinique is great for it's myriad of neutral lipstick shades.

And, lastly, - Lash Doubling Mascara in black which I've used twice now and which doesn't smudge AT ALL.

Whew. That was a LOT of stuff, right?!

3 comments:

Beans said...

Ok. I hate to admit it but yes the yellow moisturizer was about stupid.
Worse yet my mom was a "white coat". She worked for the C counter when I was in jr high, high school. Does guinea pig conjure images? I still love their stuff though. I cant do black mascara which always gets me with the gifts. I am a brown girl. I think our next one here is October. Usually comes around April and October. Hopefully no yellow stuff then either.

Beans said...

One more thing. The lipstick w. spf always makes my lips dry out to the level of the Sahara so I cant use it but I love their acne soap.

HollyLynne said...

Oooh, I bet you got all the good stuff from your mom! You must've LOOVEED her job! How fun! I'm glad an insider thinks the lotion is lame too :) You're right about the mascaras . . . their 'naturally glossy' one (I think it is called) is amazing.