Thursday, September 10, 2009
I love a good makeup bonus . . . and it has been quite a while since I've come across one as good as the Clinique bonus going on at Bloomingdales right now. It is seriously HUGE. I don't know if its technically bigger than the usual bonus, or if it just seems bigger because it is completely lacking in the filler department (dumb yellow moisturizer, I AM LOOKING AT YOU!). Even the bag is totally adorable and usable.
To get the bonus, I bought a Vitamin C Lip Smoothie in Absolute Acai. The gloss is super moisturizing and really shiny, even when I apply it in a thin, non gloppy coat. I also bought a Quick Eyes Cream Shadow in Muffin. Back in the day, Clinique Quick Eyes was a lipstick like twist up tube of cream shadow. There was a color called Coffee something . . . a medium brown that made blue eyes totally pop. It was MAGICAL. And I am gutted that they've discontinued it. The new Quick Eyes is nice in that it lasts much, much longer than the old stuff used to, but I still miss my old favorite color!
The bonus itself is packed to the gills with good bits:
- A sample of 7 Day Scrub
- A little tube of Even Better Skin Tone Corrector, which at first use is a really fantastic, smoothing serum. I'm going to keep using it for a few days before I decide whether I love it or not, but so far so good!
- A mini Blushwear Cream Stick in Rosy Blush, Having dry skin, I'm a sucker for cream blush. The color of this one is sheer and blends beautifully.
- A Color Surge Eyeshadow duo in Pink Slate, pretty much my all time favorite powder shadow. This formula lasts for eons and has just the right amount of shimmer.
- Long Lasting Glosswear SPF 15 in Tenderheart, which I found surprisingly, but not unpleasantly, opaque. And which gets bonus points for having SPF!
- Lipstick in Blushing Nude, which, when I do wear lipstick, is exactly the shade I'd want to wear. Clinique is great for it's myriad of neutral lipstick shades.
And, lastly, - Lash Doubling Mascara in black which I've used twice now and which doesn't smudge AT ALL.
Whew. That was a LOT of stuff, right?!