Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Quite Possibly The Best Birthday Gift Ever

My husband. Seriously. This guy is freaking amazing. I'm not easily surprised . . . mainly because a) I am pretty forthcoming with gift ideas for birthdays and the like and b) I'm a nosy bastard. My Boy manages to pull off surprises, GOOD ONES! with pretty alarming regularity nonetheless.

Take, for instance, my birthday gift. A vintage, 1960's era souvenir locket bracelet from Disneyland. Something I love SO! MUCH! that I can't imagine now it has NEVER OCCURED TO ME to go looking for one. He knows me better than I know myself sometimes.

Just check out this gorgeous thing:






I wore it to Disneyland all three days I went last week and opened it up regularly to compare and contrast the 1960's park to today's. So much fun!

5 comments:

Jane said...

OK, that is amazing! I have never even seen such a thing. I'm thinking he's a keeper! LOL! Happy Belated Birthday by the way!

Krameymartin said...

That is incredible! What a guy! KEEP HIM.

Laura said...

I never would have thought such a thing existed! That is a pretty amazing piece of history right there - and for a place that's so special to both of you... The Boy done good. Real good.

Happy belated birthday!
**Hey, good luck b-day shopping for Him!!

Wendy, Los Angeles said...

awww what a nice hubby !!!

SLynnRo said...

Awesome gift!