*** HERE THERE BE SPOILERS! AVAST YE WHO HAVE NOT WATCHED THE FIRST EPISODE YET! ***
(Why, YES, I did ride Pirates of the Carribean three times this week.)
So! It was a pretty good episode! Awesome bits inlcude:
- Watching the designers shop at Mood in LA which was WALKING DISTANCE from the apartment I lived in before I got married. WALKING distance, yo.
- Hearing that Ra'mon left med school where he was studying neurosurgery to persue fashion. Um, RAD!
- Blazing So. Cal sun for the requisite rooftop / pre competeition / champagne scene. Gorgoeus, gorgeous, gorgeous footage . . . and it made me So! Excited! about Runway coming to my hometown!
After scoping the first epidose I've got a few early favorites:
- Nicholas: He didn't catch my attention upfront, but I really liked his first challenege dress and OMG YOU GUYS check out his prior work on Runway's website. It is all gothic angel wings and armor. LOVE!
- Ra'mon: See aforementioned nerd points. And the pleating on his first-challenge gown was HOT.
AND NOW FOR THE TRASH TALKING! Hooray! Trash talking!
- Qristal: Seriously? SERIOUSLY? Her model looked like Target and Payless simultaneously barfed on her. And a quick glance at her online portfolio reveals gems like this one:
All I'm sayin' is I know a little site called What Not To Crochet and I bet be they'd be mighty interested in that photo.
- Johnny: Needs to shut the fuck up. I don't even care if he's a decent designer . . . all has been eclipsed by his whinging.
What did you all think of the show? Assuming everyone watched it because, HELLO IT IS PROJECT RUNWAY!