Thursday, August 20, 2009

Oh, hai! Back from Vacay!

Boy and I had a fantastic, fantastic time! We drove up to Anaheim on Sunday afternoon and checked in to the Anabella Hotel. Our room was teh gorgeous. We went to dinner that night at Tortilla Jo's in Downtown Disney where I had positively life-changing veggie enchilladas. Like, woah, were they good. We ended up the night with drinks at the Grand Californian which we sipped while searching for the many hidden Mickeys in the hotel lobby. Found seven of 'em too!

The next day was our first day in the parks. We did a ton of rides we don't normally do: Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin for the first time ever, the Tiki Room which I haven't done since I was a kid, the Canoes and the usual favorites like The Haunted Mansion, Pirates and the Jungle Cruise (at night, of course!).

My good friend Tara and her husband have passes as well, so they joined us for dinner and a few rides at night. We all went on the new Toy Story Midway Mania at CA Adventure which was FANTASTIC fun! It is an interactive game ride with shooting, scoring and points all in 3D!

Tuesday was my actual birthday, and since we already had tickets to the park I was able to get a $72 Birthday Fun Card in place of free admission. $72. For free. To spend at Disneyland. HOW COOL IS THAT?! We spent a lot of that day SHOPPING, obviously. I came home with a pair of Minnie sweatpants, a Nightmare Before Christmas car coffee cup and a killer Nightmare sleeve for my new laptop.

All in all, a pretty freaking great birthday!

1 comment:

Nutsy Coco said...

Sounds like an awesome time! Happy belated birthday!