Wednesday, July 1, 2009

How you like my liquids NOW?!


Boy and I are going to be flying to Vegas on Friday. We've done this a few times now and so far, even though we only ever go for 2 nights at a time, I've always checked my bags. It isn't that I can't fit my clothes in a carry on sized bag. Its the beauty products!!! For the record, I LOVE MY PRODUCTS. And even for 2 nights, I NEED access to quite a few of them. Boy isn't so low maintenance himself, either. It wouldn't be such a big deal to check a bag for $15 if it weren't for the fact that there are TWO of us and we're going TWO ways. And, seriously, I know of several ways to blow $60 that would be a fuck of a lot more fun.

This time, I committed myself to packing all my liquids in a handy, TSA approved 1 quart Ziploc bag. I went to The Container Store and stocked up on mini bottles, did some serious editing of products (my hair in the morning, for instance, takes FOUR which I edited down to TWO), but I still managed to toss in a few extra fun items . . . since seriously? who wants to be on vacation with nothing but a bar of Ivory Soap? Screw that.

Here's what made it in the Ziploc:

- Sephora brand Tropical Jasmine body butter and dry oil, both packaged in teensy bottles (Have you smelled this stuff, by the way? It smells EXACTLY like the beachy scent they pump into the lobby of The Mirage in Vegas. It is divine.)
- Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange solid perfume, which is fruity of course but still dark and interesting. Unspillable too!
- A little Degree deodorant
- A tiny tube of toothpaste and a Container Store bottle of mouthwash
- Teensy bottles of Bath and Body Works Coconut, Lime & Verbena shampoo and conditioner, lifted from a hotel we stayed at once in San Diego. These are actually smaller than the minis you can buy in the store . . . just 1-2 shampoos worth.
- Container Store mini bottles of Biosilk and Pantene Spray Wax
- Container Store bottles of Liquid Neutrogena, Ponds cold cream, and an old Body Shop tub filled with Boots No.7 Moisture Quench Day Cream.
- The biggest bottle of SPF 50 I could get away with. It is Vegas, after all. In July.
- Cover Girl Lipslicks in Bronze Goddess. The whole internet seems to be atwitter about this product in the shade Daring, which I tried but was too pink for my skin tone. In Bronze Goddess though, for me, this is as close to perfect as a lipgloss could be.
- Clinique Superbalm in Black Honey. I ADORE Black Honey, in all of its incarnations. This balm is really moisturizing, shiny and has just the right hit of color.
- on10 Disney Red Apple Lip Balm, because it has SPF15 and, seriously, how happy does that packaging make you?
- Benefit Boi-ing concealer
- A little container filled with Stila Sheer Tinted Moisturizer, SPF 30 (never enough SPF!)
- A mini Stila Smudge Pot in black
- Boots No. 7 Stay Perfect Eye Mousse in Pewter (Which I bought in the UK and I suppose I'll start hoarding, because it doesn't seem to be available in that color anywhere now!)
- The classic Maybelline eyebrow pencil
and, - A mini of Fresh's Firebird Mascara

Also packed, but in the NON LIQUIDS category are a Fresh eyeshadow trio in Lost World, Nars blush in Orgasm, Sephora Eyeshadow in Mat No.7, a handful of makeup, hair and toothbrushes, a razor, my saline nasal rinse things, band aids and cotton pads, and a little bottle of Oscar Blandi dry shampoo.

That's pretty much that! Except, this morning I think I might have decided to swap out the No. 7 eye mousse for Bare Essentials Eye Glimmer in Celestine.

Probably not rocket science or anything worthy of, you know, an ENTIRE BLOG POST. But I'm pretty darn proud of myself. I'm going to have everything I'll need for the weekend, save $60 and have room to spare in my suitcase. I'm quite pleased, indeed.

3 comments:

Jane said...

I go one step further and buy a travel deodorant and toothpaste once I get to my destination. My hubs takes some of my stuff too since he can use hotel shampoo and such.

Camels & Chocolate said...

Ha! You show those stingy airline people!

Jane said...

Oh and duh! Have a great trip!