Monday, June 29, 2009

Chaos

Over the course of last weekend I managed to a) attend a family reunion, for which I made a huge batch of peso potato salad (WITH homemade pesto!), b) attend a wedding about an hour's drive away from home, c) have Sunday brunch with family and a new family friend, d) finish cleaning out the second bedroom AND e) completley reorganize my upstairs crafting supplies.

And now that I'm sufficiently exhausted (in a very virtuous, accomplished way of course) I am REALLY FREAKING GLAD that Boy and I have a trip to Vegas slated for Friday.

Really.

My dad put up a gallery of photos from the Family Reunion on his site (yes, it's a reunion for my Boy's side of the family, but my parents still go!) Check it out if you're interested in seeing why I so badly want an IR filter for my camera. He got some amazing shots!

On the second bedroom front, for those who saw the henious before pictures on Flickr, here's a serene, organized after:

And as for the upstairs crafting supplies, I managed to successfully move things around so that I was able to stash my fabrics and sewing machines (yep, plural) while making room for all my new metalworking tools. The desk is now mainly a metal shop, but the sewing machines are still there, just outside the frame of this photo . . . ready to be fired up at a moment's notice!

The unfortunate bit about all of this organizing is that I haven't had a chance to, you know, MAKE much of anything over the last week or two. I know that once I do sit down to create, having an organized space is going to be a huge boost . . . but in the process of all the cleaning I've worn myself out to the point where I don't think I'll be making anything worth sharing this week. Those of you who make things (jewelry! sewing! writing! anything!): do you find when you're especially busy or stressed out that your muse flies out the window? Temporarily, of course. But I just can't make anything decent if I force it . . . and trying to create when I'm exhausted totally feels like forcing it!

3 comments:

DomestiKook said...

Yes! I am about 350 pages into writing a book that is looking like it is going to be about 600 pages(gah!) and have hit a B-L-O-C-K. READ: size of the MOON. I tried picking it back up the other night and it felt so forced I am starting to despair. So much for getting it done before the big 3-oh, uh oh.

Nutsy Coco said...

Wow, what a productive weekend!! My muse is often the opposite. It seems like when I'm stressed and don't have any time is when I have the most ideas and most desire to make things. When things are quiet and I have time, I can't think of anything I want to work on.

Moose said...

Look at that! So pretty and clean. GO YOU, RAH!

I haven't been able to get much done lately either - writing, freelance, etc. But I think once everything is clean and settled, I'll be so much more productive because my space feels good.