Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The Running of the Bride

When we stay at Hampton Court Palace we have the run of the place at night after closing and in the morning before opening. Thats how, over the years, my dad has managed to get spectacular photos like these.

When the whole wedding trip plan was first coming together, and we had decided that we'd kick everything off with at stay at Hampton Court, my dad mentioned that he'd like to take some photos of me in my dress at the palace. I was concerned, of course, about getting the dress dirty. So I limited the idea to photos in the courtyards only, and not in the gardens. The Tudor courtyards are really my favorite part of the palace anywyas.

We woke up fairly early that first morning and I spent some extra time on my makeup (but none on my hair, didn't even brush it!) and my mom and mother in law helped me get into my dress. We shut Boy off in the apartment living room, my mom, dad; sister, brother and mother in laws all grabbed their cameras, and we were off!

We started in the doorway
of our Fish Court apartment

Then moved into one of my favorite parts of the palace, Master Carpenter Court, where we got caught by the HCP custody staff! And I told them this is how I ALWAYS dress on Saturdays, nothing amiss! ;)









Then past
the Queen's Staircase
To Clock Court

And we caught bits and pieces ON VIDEO!

Honestly? This whole wedding-dressed run through was probably the most fun I've EVER had. Or had up until the wedding day! You really can't get closer to the fairy princess fantasy than running though an empty palace in a ballgown. Even typing that sentence . . . like, WOAH!

While it was outside of our budget to actually have the wedding itself at Hampton Court, I feel so lucky to have been able to take these photos and incorporate the Palace into our wedding celebrations. My parents and I have made so many amazing friends there and I was thrilled to introduce everyone to my new family as well! The night following the dress run through we had a party for all of our Hampton Court friends at The Albion, a nearby pub. Photos here! Much fun was had by all!

2 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Sounds like a lot of fun and I really love your dress! I really wish there were more reasons to wear wedding dresses :) I loved mine and didn't want to take it off at the end of the night!

Beldamebruno said...

I love both your dress and the photos. So neat you got to have the picture taking adventure in such an amazing place!