Friday, February 27, 2009

This post is going to go in several directions at once, I'm afraid

We should almost have bullet points? Ok, lets just have bullet points. Or asterisks, because they're easier to type:

* Today is the 2 year anniversary of the day I listed (and sold!) my first item on Etsy. It is also Friday, which is a nice end-of-the-week-y kind of day to go out and celebrate. I have been considering the potential of this.

* I am getting a fancy pants spa mani/pedi tomorrow and I'm so excited I could CRY! I've been obsessed with getting a parafin wax treatment since I was small . . I bet thats not even considered trendy anymore, but whatever. I'm getting PARAFIN WAX tomorrow and I am GEEKED!

* Boy needs a shirt to get married in. STAT! And we only have 1 weekend left to shop for one! Any suggestions as to where we could get a pale grey dress shirt? You'd think that would be easy, but NOOOOOO . . .

* Speaking of getting married, we got the professional photos of our Vegas wedding back last night! Yea! There are more on flickr.

* My parents figured out where this webcam was this morning, stood in front of it and emailed me via my mom's blackberry. It was sort of awesome. Sort of anticlimactic as well since I could see them (as tiny little ants) but not SPEAK to them. And also, can you imagine what all those Scottish people must've thought about two mildly drunk Americans waving at thin air? I'm sure the webcam doesn't have a giant sign pointing to it saying "WEBCAM HERE!".

Happy weekend peeps!

5 comments:

Beans said...

I think i see Elvis behind one of the planters.
Seriously very nice pix.

Domesticrazy said...

Happy anniversary! And I can't believe it's almost time for your wedding. Have a lovely time, enjoy the fancy pants pamper beforehand, too!

Beans and I will be envying the hell out of your trip, so have a blast for us!

merrymishaps said...

I have an at-home paraffin wax gizmo that I've used exactly once. It takes two hours to melt the wax, not something I feel like waiting for on a regular basis!

It's always a crap shoot there, but I've found really nice dress shirts for my husband at Marshalls and/or TJ Maxx. Worth a shot if you have one nearby!

Kathy said...

Your photos are beautiful! I'm looking forward to seeing the ones from Wales :)

And I came across this today (I know you are about to get married, but I'm goona let you know anyway!): http://www.artfire.com/

Basically like Etsy, but no fees if you list only 10 items at once, and to join there is a flat rate of $20 a month, or $7 a month for life if you are one of the first 5000 to sign up. There are about 1300 places left. Her's a link to a blog post about it: http://www.planetjune.com/blog/artfire-an-alternative-to-etsy/

Anonymous New York said...

Congratulations on another Etsy-versary!

The pictures of your wedding in Vegas are great! I can't wait to see your pictures from Wales.

Glad you enjoyed your fancy mani/pedi!