Friday, February 20, 2009

If Dooce and Sundry are going to do it . . .

Then fine. Here it is:

What are your middle names?
Mine is Lynne, his is Anthony. Soon we'll both also have Mix in there as well.

How long have you been together?
We started dating in December 2005, so a bit over 3 years now

How long did you know each other before you started dating?
A LONG ASS TIME. We worked together, so since he started at Rhino Records which is . . . um . . . December of 2003 methinks.

Who asked whom out?
I don't remember there being any asking.

How old are each of you?
I'm 29 (No, really. It sucks being 29, everyone thinks you're lying. I'm not yet though, I swear.), he is 8 years older.

Whose siblings do you see the most?
I don't have any, so his.

Which situation is the hardest on you as a couple?
Decisions involving fabric. This is all we fight about. Curtains, bedding, towels. We don't agree on fabrics.

Did you go to the same school?
No. I went to UCLA, he went to Loyola.

Are you from the same home town?
No. I've lived in LA my whole life and his dad was in the Air Force, so he lived all over. Technically, he was born in Little Rock, but he didn't stay there long. He lived in Montana as a child, then all over southern California.

Who is smarter?
I did better in school; but I'm also a complete airhead . . . I leave faucets running, forget to put on my glasses in the morning, leave my car running in the office garage (I only did that once though), etc.

Who is the most sensitive?
I'm more likely to say when I've been hurt, but he stews over things. I think we're probably equally sensitive, I'm just more vocal about it.

Where do you eat out most as a couple?
There is this amazing pita place down the street from us. We walk over and get takeout every week or two. Then we bring it back and eat at home, so I guess that isn't technically eating "out", but there you go.

Where is the furthest you two have traveled together as a couple?
Wales. And we're, uh, GOING BACK IN A FEW WEEKS!

Who has the craziest exes?
That would probably be me.

Who has the worst temper?
Me by a LOT. A lot, a lot. Once, as a teenager, I kicked a hole through my parents front door. My feeling was that I did them a service by pointing out how flimsy the door was. They saw it differently.

Who does the cooking?
Me almost 100% of the time, but I enjoy cooking and he doesn't. He makes up for it. His jobs are floors, trash and coffee making; all things I can't stand.

Who is the neat-freak?
Oh, it is so bad . . . BOTH of us. We are insane. You should see the inside of our pantry. I swear. Oh wait, you have.

Who is more stubborn?
Probably me. He can be bent to my will but he usually mopes so much after that it isn't worth it.

Who hogs the bed?
Me. I sleepwalk and talk too. I'm a barrel of laughs.

Who wakes up earlier?
Me. Last week he woke up REALLY late every day and by Friday he asked "why I wasn't waking him up earlier anymore" which is funny cause all along I've thought while I'm up banging around in the morning that he's TOTALLY AWAKE and just trying to ignore me; but, in fact, he claims he is SOUNDLY ASLEEP and relies on me to wake him. Through measures other than turning on every light in the bedroom, slamming drawers and cursing. Cause apparently, that isn't cutting it.

Where was your first date?
The first thing we acknowledged as a date was dinner at El Chavo in Silverlake followed by a show at Spaceland.

Who is more jealous?
I don't think either of us really are.

How long did it take to get serious?
We were never not serious. We were probably serious before we even started dating. We were very good friends for a long time before . . . I don't think either of us would've gotten involved if we hadn't meant it. I knew I was going to marry him less than a month in.

Who eats more?
Me. Its a side effect of being a vegetarian. I must have MASSIVE quantities of food. Its a little disturbing how much I eat.

Who does the laundry?
Me. We have to wash things so often because of my allergies, it really wouldn't be fair to make him do all the work when its my bunk sinuses that are the issue. Also: he does FLOORS! I could do all the housework left save floors and be happy. I loathe floors.

Who’s better with the computer?
He probably knows more tricks but I am FAST. Like lightening.

Who drives when you are together?
Him almost always. I'm terrified of freeways, of which LA has several, and of which most are 5+ lanes in each direction. Also: LA drivers are ASSHATS. I've witnessed several BAD freeway accidents (as in, I've been millimeters away from certain death) and now I'm skittish. I usually have to keep my eyes shut on the freeway, which would be bad if I were driving.

Comment with a link to your blog if you've taken the survey as well!

5 comments:

Jane said...

It's so nice to learn of someone else with an LA freeway phobia. Well, technically not a phobia- I will drive on the freeway if I have to a few times a year. Other than that, I love me the local roads.

HollyLynne said...

Yea! We are not alone!!! Mine is bad. Like you, I will do it when I absolutley have to, but if its at all avoidable I avoid! I loves me some canyons :)

Camels & Chocolate said...

Um, I think we're the same couple.

Also eight years difference.

Started dating in 2005.

Both neat freaks (relatively).

I was better at school, though he has the natural smarts and common sense.

I eat WAY more (though not a veggie).

Domesticrazy said...

Done.

ReFabulous said...

I used to sleepwalk. Used to.... I think.