Friday, December 19, 2008

Shall we review more perfumes?


Lets do!
The last of my freebie samples is Guerlain's My Insolence. Lets take a moment to discuss the name, shall we? I was pretty sure I already knew the definition of "insolence" (having, you know, TAUGHT SAT VERBAL PREP for years) but I looked it up JUST TO BE SURE my mental dictionary wasn't playing tricks on me. Dictionary.com defines insolence as "contemptuously rude or impertinent behavior or speech". So, yeah. Perfume named: "snotty, simpering little bitch", basically. And, as you might expect, it smells like babies. Sexy!

Thinking "insolence" must OBVIOUSLY mean something entirely different in, say, France? I went a-Googling and found that no, it more or less means the same thing there as well. Then I found Guerlain's own website for the perfume, in which they spell out their imaginary definition which involves things like "panache", "verve" and "spirit".

Um. Okay.

ANYWAYS.

Boy and I will be getting a sofa next weeky, huzzah! We did have to choose an alternate fabric but, dare I say, I think we like the alternate version a bit better than our prior choice. So SOON people I will be posting pictures of our home-in-progress.

We also just got the DVR we bought ourselves as a joint holiday present. I spent a fun chunk of time programming it from my computer the other day oblivious to the fact that it was emailing boy updates EVERY TIME I set it to record something. 18 emails about season passes to "Bargain Hunt" and "Jon and Kate Plus 8" later, I'm only sort of sure he still wants to marry me.

This weekend is going to be PACKED with parties and dinners with friends (starting as of last night even!) . . . so there shall be LOTS of fun to post about on Monday. Happy weekend!

3 comments:

Laura said...

Hysterical about your DVD programming e-mails! Hey, I don't miss an episode of Jon and Kate either!! I love that show! My husband has been reluctant to watch a "reality" type show about a family with a load of kids, but since he has, I think he likes it too! Although, he would never admit it if he did! Maybe you can get your guy to love it with you and then he will know the importance of e-mail reminders and he will still want to marry you! LOL!

Hey, I also wanted to tell you that you are the winner of my Pay it Forward contest! (thanks for your comment, it was like asking people to hand over their left lung to me)(WTH?) Anyhow... when you catch a break from your Christmas party madness, please mail me with your shipping address.
My e-mail is:
tslwhite at yahoo.com
I'm happy that you are on the receiving end of some holiday goodness! Yay!!

Rhiannon said...

I am scared to death that one day I may have to share my DVR with my boy. I don't know that he'd approve of all the crap I watch. Like My Fake Baby, or The Duggars.

HollyLynne said...

YEA! I won a contest!!! :D Laura, I just emailed you :)

Rhi, I watch the Duggars too . . . I can't believe I just admitted that, but I do.