Monday, December 8, 2008

DONE! Exactly one week in advance!


This week is going to be sort of nuts. I'm going out three out of five weeknights and since Pehrspace(Craft) is on SATURDAY!!! I thought it'd be wise to kick my ass into high gear and be READY for the fair early. So I worked my tail off this weekend (in addition to spending HOURS out furniture shopping with boy, which I'll post about tomorrow!) and as of yesterday around 4pm I felt confident saying I was DONE preparing for the fair!

I have 135 items to sell. I have a table. I have appropriate jewelry displays and pricing signs. I AM DONE!

WOOT!

You already know about my earring displays, I made one more just the same way. I bought a FANTASTIC tree at an adorable little shop in Arroyo Grande for my necklaces. I'm using a mirror from Michaels to display beaded necklaces and odds and ends. All of the glassware and china used on the table is either from my collection or purchased at thrift of antique stores. The tags and pricing signs were all made by hand using scrapbook paper. I even have BAGS ready, red lunch style paper bags from Target. I've packed a wristlet in my box to use for cash and I have a cute little notebook that I got from a former Sampler box to use for record keeping. I have mini candy canes, people, I AM MORE THAN READY!

Any LA based readers, click the banner to the left for info on the fair. It'd be awesome to meet some blog friends there! This is my first fair so I'm freaking out a little and could use some friendly faces, but I do feel calmer now that I'm uber-prepared.

Fair veterans: What do you think of the setup? Any suggestions? Any last words of advice?

7 comments:

Jane said...

I would love to go! If I can sneak out I will.

HollyLynne said...

Yea!!! It would be so awesome to meet you!

Domesticrazy said...

I wish I had some advice, but I recently discovered that I really, really suck at display. I love what you've done, though, and I think it will look fabulous! I guess my only advice is smile and talk to people. Friendly usually makes people want to buy. Best of luck!

Beans said...

Have extra biz cards and lay them out on the table. So that way if people are looking but dont buy say feel free to take a card if your interested in buying something later at the shop. Maybe even offer them free shipping (since most will be local anyway) if they mention they saw you at the fair when they order from the shop. Mention too that if they dont see something they like that you can custom make them an order on etsy. Talk to the people. I am shy and if I didnt have d-crazy at our first fair I dont think I would have sold a thing. Watch the kiddies with sticky fingers and the ones not on a leash they like to bump things.

ReFabulous said...

No advice from me... but I LOVE your table! It all looks so pretty, and I wish you the best of luck! Can't wait to hear all about it....

merrymishaps said...

It looks great. I love the necklace tree!

redchuckstress said...

wow you are a busy lady. I love how you displayed your jewelry it looks nice.