Monday, December 1, 2008

Can we talk about something OTHER than Thanksgiving food?

Cause my whole plan today was to talk about just that but I am FAKE TURKEY'D OUT!

Lets talk about furniture instead!

Boy and I have Great Plans for our condo and we're starting to put a few of them into action. First up: our kitchen display cabinet.

We have an eat in kitchen and the "eat in" portion is pretty darn small (we make up for it with a FREAKING MASSIVE living room). We don't eat in the kitchen often but we do have a great, very space efficient table for four from Ikea. The table is especially awesome because, with the chairs pushed it, it serves double duty as a buffet. DAMNIT, here I go posting pictures of Thanksgiving food, but WHATEVER:

I'd love to have a massive china cabinet for all of my grandma's crystal, teapots, vintage pyrex, and of course, my collection of shot glasses from holy places. That, of course, wasn't going to happen in the allotted space. However! I found a little curio cabinet online that was only a foot deep and about 36 inches across. It has glass sides and doors and a mirrored back, so its perfect for catching the light and making my crystal look fabulous. The top is also a great home for my collection of spiral bound mid century cookbooks! (And for Boy's plant, which has miraculously managed to stay alive for months despite sharing a living space with me: Mistress of Pathetic and Droopy Looking Houseplants.)

Hooray!

3 comments:

Nutsy Coco said...

Very nice!

Domesticrazy said...

I wish I could have something like that. Day care = we can't have nice things. I'll live vicariously through your fabulous style!

merrymishaps said...

Our Tofurky, stuffing and mashed potatoes fed me and hubby for five meals. And I still have pie!

And to change gears and comment about your holy shot glass collection ... We have a St. Francis of Assisi shot glass. I bought it on a college trip to Assisi.