Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Birds on a Wire


I LOVE my new earring displays!!! My friend Natalie of OrganicStills suggested that I try using ribbons and frames to display my earrings for the upcoming craft show so I went a-Google-ing and found Joyful Abode's earring displays and went running from there.

I modified the idea to a) craft quicker, b) display earrings only and c) use more tape.

I picked up two frames at Ross for about $5 each, selected my prettiest toile fabrics and coordinating ribbons and got to stapling! I used the existing cardboard in the frames and stretched and taped my fabric over them. I stapled in the ribbons and went over all the reverse side edges with more packing tape. Total project time: About 10 minutes for TWO frames.

I was a bit concerned about sagging ribbons but I've had these two frames up for DAYS with tons of earrings displayed on them and still, no catastrophic sagging. A better way to do these I think would be to SEW the ribbons to the cardboard. Alas, I am lazy.

5 comments:

Beans said...

Great Idea
I would have never thought of it! And the fact you can customize it is a bonus.

Nutsy Coco said...

They turned out great!

Domesticrazy said...

Those look Awesome! I'm stealing the idea for Friday, if you don't mind. I love that you wanted my display ideas...they consist of throwing shit together at the last minute. I'll post pictures, though, so perhaps you will learn what not to do!

Jane said...

Looks great!

Kmart said...

I love your displays, but most of all I love your jewlery!